Grand, glorious, imposing...glowing like gold in the early morning sunshine. Built by King Louis XIV, who transferred his court from Paris in 1682. During his reign (1715-1774), his absence from the capital of Paris, the ideas of revolution began to grow. King Louis th XV resided here as well, but it was during the reign of King Ouis XVI and Marie Antioinette, the atmosphere of hostility towards the crown boiled over into revolution (1774-1792).
This place is glorious, and the grandeur is almost overwhelming to the senses. The chapel, the Hall of Mirrors, the Hall of Kings and Queens, and the increidble art were astounding and amazing! More to com of this grand estate...!!